Havergal Brian Gothic Symphony from Hyperion

Started by albion, Saturday 01 October 2011, 09:40

Previous topic - Next topic

erato

Alan Howe

erato

If you're outside the EU, as I guess hemmesjo is (and I am), he will see the VATfree price.

Alan Howe

erato

amazon.co.uk does postage free to Norway at least. But they are usually not the cheapest regarding new releases But not being a certified member of the Brian fanclub (now I've said it) I haven't studied prices on this release in detail.

Dundonnell

At least you wrote "certified" rather than "certifiable" ;D

erato

Yes I did, but I did think about it for a pretty long time before finally deciding.

Alan Howe

Dundonnell

Alan Howe

Apart from, perhaps, The Trojans under Colin Davis a decade ago at the Barbican, this was the most memorable concert I have ever been to. For splendour and spectacle nothing could touch it.

Mark Thomas

How many of US were there? Yes, it was an absolutely amazing night, and I'm not even that fond of the Gothic.

Dundonnell

Quote from: Mark Thomas on Monday 21 November 2011, 22:23
How many of US were there? Yes, it was an absolutely amazing night, and I'm not even that fond of the Gothic.

Yourself, Alan, Albion. vandermolen, J.Z. Herrenberg(by truly amazing coincidence i was sitting next to Johan :))). myself.............

Alan Howe

...and Martin Anderson a few rows behind Mark and myself.

J.Z. Herrenberg

And the composer John Pickard (one of the moving spirits behind the whole undertaking) was sitting next to my sister...