Hiller Piano Quartet

Started by JimL, Sunday 02 October 2011, 16:00

Previous topic - Next topic

JimL

Quote from: jerfilm on Sunday 25 September 2011, 15:48
Hiller Piano Quartet

http://www.mediafire.com/?1p1272dx8bjyq

Here's the quartet as broadcast on Sunday on WDR3.  I'm sorry I don't comprehend spoken German so please, will someone else fill in the details which are at the end of the performance....It's a long piece, about 37 minutes.

And, yes, it DOES start that abruptly....

Jerry
It's pretty straightforward, even for someone with a tyro's grasp of German.  More or less: "Oliver Triendl on piano with members of the Minguet Quartet in a performance produced by" (I think) some chamber music society (maybe Alan can fill us in here) "in the Grand Piano Quartet, Op. 133, by Ferdinand Hiller."

Alan Howe

It's so obvious that it needs me to translate?   ???
It's actually the premier recording of an edition made by the chamber music staff of WDR3! So, definitely not straightforward, especially for a tyro...

JimL

Hey!  I got most of it right!  The provenance of the recording was the only thing I couldn't get.  Oh, and I left out the name of the announcer at the end!  ;)

BTW, Is there any chance that this performing edition could be made available to IMSLP or Edition Silvertrust?  Or does the chamber music staff of WDR3 also have a publication arm?

Alan Howe

No, you only got the performers - and they were names!  >:(

eschiss1

no no. not names- Names. Or they should be, after some of the other recordings and broadcasts the pianist and quartet (that the trio is from) have made (well, again, I've only heard, I think, the Minguet's Fuchs CDs, but I hear very good things about their Schoeck and other discs too.)

Santo Neuenwelt

A while back Jim L commented that he would like to see the parts available to Hiller's Piano Quartet No.3 in A Major, Op.133 and the Piano Quintet Op.156.

I am happy to report that the parts to Piano Quartet No.3 are now available from Edition Silvertrust (www.editionsilvertrust.com) Also, the parts to Op.156 will be available in late February.

JimL

Thank you Santo.  Actually, the quartet is in A minor.  I thought I had gone and fixed that Wiki.

eschiss1

Thanks though - your page here answers our question about the third movement Intermezzo (Allegretto grazioso)