Issues with downloading British

Started by BFerrell, Friday 11 November 2011, 21:58

Previous topic - Next topic

BFerrell

Has anyone else had a problem downloading? I downloaded several items earlier in the day but now it just clocks and clocks and nothing happens. Any suggestions? Thanks.

albion

Mediafire have only just this evening effected one of their periodic overhauls of the site, so everything now looks different - you may have caught them mid-transformation.

I've tried a couple of random downloads and everything seems OK.

:)

BFerrell

Thank you so much! This site is a dream come true.

BFerrell

I'm still unable to download. Whenever I select a work to download, I receive this error message:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Timestamp: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 03:45:56 UTC

Line: 15
Char: 281
Code: 0
URI: http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/js/recaptcha.js

Do you know what could be causing this? I don't know if it makes any difference, but I'm running IE 8.

Thanks again.

Dundonnell

I have just this second successfuly downloaded a file. Apart from the fact that Mediafire has a slightly different layout now everything went perfectly smoothly.

I am running Firefox Mozilla though. Whether that makes any difference I wouldn't know. The more technically-minded might be better placed to assist.

albion

Quote from: BFerrell on Saturday 12 November 2011, 00:49I'm still unable to download. Whenever I select a work to download, I receive this error message

I'm very sorry to hear this.

:'(

I suggest that you contact mediafire (there is a Contact tab at the bottom of the page) and detail the precise error message as given in your post above. They are usually very helpful - you submit a 'ticket' and then one of their technical staff will get in touch with you by email. I'm sure that it isn't an insurmountable problem.

BFerrell

It worked.  My wife went through mediafire (I'm somewhat illiterate here) and it now works. Thank you both very much.

albion

I'm really pleased!

;D

I think that they're tweaking the new upgrade. For example, there is a restrictive character limitation on retitling files at the moment (this also happened when the last upgrade was implemented), so I've just sent them a ticket about that as well!

;)

Mark Thomas

Go John! Sort it out for the rest of us.  ;D

BFerrell

"My wife went through mediafire..."

Correction:  Wife says she downloaded FireFox Mozilla, not MediaFire. We were using IE8, which didn't work properly with the upgrade.

Many thanks again.

Dundonnell

Ahh...so it WAS an Internet Explorer issue, after all!

albion

Quote from: Mark Thomas on Saturday 12 November 2011, 10:21Go John! Sort it out for the rest of us.  ;D

According to one of the support staff at Mediafire -

we are aware of the new limitation on folder naming and have upgraded that issue to our Level 2 tech support for resolve. We anticipate a fix today, however it may be a couple of days.

gasman

I thought it might be helpful to say, I only use Mozilla Firefox and this has been faultless when I've been doing the downloads, so there certainly isn't an issue with the latest Firefox.

Indeed I would recommend it over any version of Microsoft Internet Explorer for general use as Firefox has always been more secure, though it is best to get a few add-ons to get the best from it..... 8)

albion

Quote from: gasman on Sunday 13 November 2011, 10:04there certainly isn't an issue with the latest Firefox.

No problem with Google Chrome (which I prefer due to its lack of bells and whistles) either.