Parry's "Prometheus Unbound"

Started by BFerrell, Monday 14 November 2011, 18:18

Previous topic - Next topic

BFerrell

Does anyone out there have the excerpts used as texts in this work? Can it be downloaded or give my a link?

eschiss1

I think the first few pages of the vocal score at http://imslp.org/wiki/Prometheus_Unbound_(Parry,_Charles_Hubert_Hastings) has just those excerpts, but you do have to download the vocal score to get them (6.07 mb). (Actually, the opening libretto section on IMSLP is missing a few pages - these may be obtainable from a scanned-in copy somewhere else, but also can be read from the vocal score itself.)

BFerrell

albion

Quote from: eschiss1 on Monday 14 November 2011, 18:47I think the first few pages of the vocal score at http://imslp.org/wiki/Prometheus_Unbound_(Parry,_Charles_Hubert_Hastings) has just those excerpts

Eric, unfortunately the first page of Shelley's text is unaccountably missing from this scanned score.

:(

eschiss1

I'd forgotten, sorry- will look for a copy elsewhere and see if I can scan it in. The libretto is also in the vocal score in a sense but I realise that's not that much help...

albion

Here is a scan from my vocal score -

:)

BFerrell

I am still pinching myself! This site is a dream come true for me. A collection of like minds, informative and friendly. I wish I knew how to send downloads. The composer Harold Shapero has sent me recordings of many unavaillable works (he's been a good friend for many years) as has David Matthews, Uljas Pulkkis and  of Sallinen's recent chamber works (up to Op. 86) and many items sent to me from the vaults of YLE. :P

eschiss1

thank you - (I can't seem to find another copy online of this, what i gather was one of Parry's breakthrough works. hope that's the only page missing... erm... )

albion

Quote from: eschiss1 on Monday 14 November 2011, 19:49hope that's the only page missing

As far as the text is concerned, it is.

:)

eschiss1

Oh dear. Which others? If so I'll put in a request to Sibley with the info after - almost positively their scan; if they have the whole rest of the score (they may be missing that page in their copy) and made a scanning mistake, they do rescan things when mistakes are pointed out to them, and are really good about it (with patience for bigger or harder-to-reach scores if needed, etc.)