Mediafire title character limit - Hallelujah

Started by albion, Friday 18 November 2011, 15:59

Previous topic - Next topic

albion

Regarding this problem (in which the file title was limited to only 36 characters), and after several 'tickets' I've just had this reply -

This feature has been updated to allow you to rename your files up to 255 characters in length, thus preventing you from having to perform the steps that you have been performing since the site release. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience in this matter.

Best Regards,

Karen
The MediaFire Team

I've just tested it out and indeed such things have come to pass.

;D

britishcomposer

Is it possible that the problem is back again? I just uploaded the Castro file with the title 'Castro, José María - Concerto Grosso (1932)' but the link to mediafire just names it 'Castro'?  :-\

britishcomposer

Quote from: britishcomposer on Friday 16 December 2011, 19:32
Is it possible that the problem is back again? I just uploaded the Castro file with the title 'Castro, José María - Concerto Grosso (1932)' but the link to mediafire just names it 'Castro'?  :-\

I have noticed that at least two of my uploads link to unidentifiable files. The Castro Concerto Grosso and the Boellman Symphonic Variations were somehow damaged.
I have uploaded both files again. Please notify me if you should find other problematic links/files. No idea how this happened but it occurred again today when uploading the littel Moeran. Sorry!

And a belated Merry Christmas from me, too!  :D