News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

OT: Need help with German

Started by Amphissa, Monday 21 November 2011, 23:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Amphissa

I need help understanding a German radio announcer who gives details of the music that was just played. I want to make this recording available in the downloads section, but I want to have correct information about the recording.

If you understand spoken German, could you contact me please? I will send you the BRIEF announcement that I need help with.

Many thanks!

JollyRoger

You might use the phonetic speech translator in Google..it translates any speech to English.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/226522/chrome_adds_speechtotext_for_google_translate.html

shamokin88

You can try me. M y last German class was more than fifty years ago but I think I'm still good for musical announcements.

violinconcerto

Or send it to me - I am German. For the file: violinconcerto [at] gmx dot de

Best,
Tobias

JimL

I believe Alan Howe is a German instructor.  Or at least he speaks it well enough to translate just about anything (including Helene Raff's bio of her father).  ;D

Holger

Since I am German I could help as well, of course.

Alan Howe

I might be your best bet - I'm fluent in German and am a freelance translator.

Amphissa

Thank you all for offering your assistance. My sincere appreciation to Britishcomposer, who was able to translate for me. You will soon see a new addition to the German downloads collection!