Main Menu

Elfrida Andrée

Started by Josh, Wednesday 14 October 2009, 15:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Petteri Nieminen

Inquiries about the CD could be made in the Swedish recording company:
https://naxosdirect.se/search/aulin%20moberg%20andree
E-post: kundtjanst@naxos.se

For me it also seems that the CD is unavailable but but you can always ask the company by e-mail.

We've definitely seen how high-quality recordings immediately increase the interest of conductors and orchestras and they actually dare choose it to perform:)

terry martyn

Thank you!   I have emailed, more in hope than in expectation.

Alan Howe

I have also sent an email, so we'll see...

Martin Eastick

I have sent an email to the CEO of nilento records, Lars Nilsson. Hopefully someone will get a posotive response! It seems such a shame that such enterprising repertoire is suffering from such poor and ill-conceived distribution! Surely the label wants to sell as many copies as possible!

Alan Howe

I imagine not many CDs were made and soon sold out. I hope I'm proved wrong...

eschiss1

"Is one of the lessons here that ..."
Yes :)

terry martyn

You can order it from https://www.bengans.eu/en/artiklar/aulin-valborg-moberg-ida-andree-orchestral-works.html   I have just been messaged by naxos.se.  It's not in stock, but if you set up an alert, they will order it in from naxos.se.

Alan Howe

I got the same reply and set up an email alert, so we'll see...

terry martyn

Alan Howe

I've tried to order the CD too, but can't find any way of entering 'United Kingdom' in my address details...

Correction: I didn't realise that, for countries outside the EU, you have to switch from the bengans.eu to the bengans.com website! Now duly ordered.

terry martyn

My CD arrived yesterday, but I found a thread ,"Swedish Romantics", on "Recordings and Broadcasts" which refers to the selfsame CD, and I placed a short review there. I wonder whether some of the comments above about this CD should somehow be merged with that thread, but that's not down to me.

Mark Thomas

A sensible suggestion Terry, but as this thread is also well established and interleaving several posts whilst maintaining the sense of a discussion is always so tricky I'm going to leave things as they are this time.

Ilja

I've owned this recording for a few years now, and I have to say that I've been mightily impressed with Andrée's two symphonies. I'd characterize both as muscular works, but with a great deal of lyricism. Besides, they sound quite advanced for their time and locale (despite the obvious Beethoven influences). There is no lack of commitment from the Göteborg orchestra or Gustavsson. A real treat.