About "movement header information" and whatnot

Started by eschiss1, Tuesday 27 December 2011, 16:18

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

this might belong in another forum but - not sure- seems rather general really. Also may not be of enough interest to be posted about at all, for which apologies.
(First off, early Happy 2012!!! :). Time on has been irregular lately really, visiting family.)

Some of the information needed for filling in data for movements of pieces new and old in our collections etc. - may be found either online in a largish number of places (again, in something of a hurry right now I think but could edit a list of some of them in later) and also offline e.g.

in newspaper articles new and old, some of which are not (yet, and maybe not for some while for copyright purposes) scanned in. (E.g.- only e.g. though - one might find the movement names of Bowen's 3rd symphony, if anywhere at all????? - I do not know... - in a handbill of a concert performance or a newspaper review of a performance, of which we know of three?... - which latter may in turn be preserved in microfiche at university libraries, and scanned in for JStor (Journal Storage - a subscription-only service online) but not general use- or not scanned in at all.

Hrm. Sorry if that was confusing- probably was. Will try to clear up in a bit...

albion

Quote from: eschiss1 on Tuesday 27 December 2011, 16:18Some of the information needed for filling in data for movements of pieces new and old in our collections etc. - may be found either online in a largish number of places (again, in something of a hurry right now I think but could edit a list of some of them in later)

Thanks Eric, such a list would be very useful. Newspaper (or journal) reviews can be extremely valuable sources of information, as can publishers' archives.

Quote from: eschiss1 on Tuesday 27 December 2011, 16:18one might find the movement names of Bowen's 3rd symphony, if anywhere at all?????

1. Introduction - Allegro
2. Lento
3. Allegro molto quasi presto

from a listing held by De Wolfe.

:)

eschiss1

oh! thanks! .. .sometimes one has only to ask, I s'pose :D