News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

access problems

Started by Latvian, Sunday 01 January 2012, 18:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Latvian

Is something going on with the website or the domain host? I've had a great deal of difficulty accessing UC for the past couple of days. I get messages that the website can't be found or is unavailable. Yesterday this went on for several hours.

Thanks for looking into this!

Dundonnell

I leave myself permanently logged-on.

I don't know whether this is something I should or should not do ??? but it does mean that I have never had any problems with accessing the site :)

semloh

Quote from: Latvian on Sunday 01 January 2012, 18:34
Is something going on with the website or the domain host? I've had a great deal of difficulty accessing UC for the past couple of days. I get messages that the website can't be found or is unavailable. Yesterday this went on for several hours.

Yes, I had a couple of "cannot be found" responses when I tried to log in yesterday morning, but normal service was soon resumed. I think it's just the gremlins switching off the gubbins, so they can oil the sprockets and re-vulcanize the thingummybobs.  ;D

Mark Thomas

Gosh, Semloh, I wish I had your command of the technicalities!

No major problems as far as I am aware, but I too had a couple of occasions yesterday when I couldn't access the site. The host says that they were "suffering connectivity problems, quickly resolved."

Dundonnell

Quote from: semloh on Sunday 01 January 2012, 20:16
Quote from: Latvian on Sunday 01 January 2012, 18:34

Yes, I had a couple of "cannot be found" responses when I tried to log in yesterday morning, but normal service was soon resumed. I think it's just the gremlins switching off the gubbins, so they can oil the sprockets and re-vulcanize the thingummybobs.  ;D

Yes...from a highly technically well-informed and supremely expert point of view that sounds exactly and precisely what was happening ;D ;D ;D

Latvian

Thanks for the concise technical explanation!  :D

All seems well now.

Dundonnell

For the last few days I have been experiencing difficulties accessing the site :(

These difficulties are peculiar to this site alone of those I visit. My browser-Mozilla Firefox-frequently tells me that the site is "taking too long to respond" and abandons the attempt to connect.

Anyone else in this situation ???

Mark Thomas

I've had the odd hiccough over the last few days, but nothing which hasn't sorted itself out within a few minutes. The hosting company reports no problems...

Alan Howe

I've had the same problem - but nothing lasting more than a few minutes. All seems OK now.

Dundonnell

The problems have been intermittent and, as you say, last for only a few minutes.

I shall put up with it ;D

fr8nks

I also have problems intermittently which last only a few minutes. They started when Latvian first complained on January 1st.