Annea Lockwood: Violin concerto

Started by violinconcerto, Friday 06 January 2012, 18:14

Previous topic - Next topic

violinconcerto

Hello fellow members,

although Annea Lockwood (*1939) really not fit into the "Romantic Composer" description, I would like to ask you for your thoughts, hints and suggestions regarding her violin concerto (1962).
I would like to ask the forum members because the violin concerto by Ms. Lockwood (at that time she called herself still "Anna") was performed 1965 by Frederick Grinke at the Commonwealth Festival in Cardiff. I know that a recording of the work was made, but wasn't successful to find a copy. I am not sure if the performance was broadcasted, but maybe someone of you know much better if these festivals were broadcasted.
I checked the composer directly for a recording, the BBC Wales SO (have only an archive back to the 1970s), the Wales Sound Archive (they don't have it), the Cardiff town archives (Cardiff don't really have something like that and all the libraries, etc I checked had nothing) and tried to get in touch with someone at Cardiff Festival organisation (no answer) - so everything failed. So do you have any other ideas where I can go to find a recording of the work?

Best,
Tobias