News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

MDT vs. Dutton?

Started by BFerrell, Friday 20 January 2012, 21:26

Previous topic - Next topic

BFerrell

Can anyone tell me why MDT will not sell Dutton CDs? They go so far as to ignore the Dutton's that receive critical accolades.

petershott@btinternet.com

There was a recent thread about that issue. My understanding is that Duttonvocalion do not want (for reasons I know not) to distribute their products to MDT. MDT would be perfectly willing to sell any discs subject to a distributor supplying them with the products and being able to make a worthwhile profit in selling the discs.

Sorry - that's not a terribly helpful answer.

I repeat the advice I gave before. I've been getting all my Dutton CDs from HMV - I believe they operate an international service. And their prices (at least to UK customers are almost unbelievable). Last time I looked all of the recent batch of Duttons (i.e. Moeran, Widor, Godard etc) are still on the 'Special Offer' list at HMV at £5.99. Just don't know how they can sell them at such a price, but for as long as they do I shall happily consume them.

HMV to be sure have a dreadful website - but I find them wholly dependable and fairly quick.

Jimfin

Dutton ship directly and their service is excellent. Takes five days (real days, not 'working days') for their discs to get to Japan from the moment I order. And they answer queries really quickly and efficiently. I never order their discs through anyone else now. Ordering through record shops seems to take an age

BFerrell

I always order Duttons from Presto. Very fast and easy. I just never understood the MDT thing. Thanks.

TerraEpon

Yeah I was wondering about it too.