Fantisek Drdla 1868-1944

Started by giles.enders, Thursday 26 January 2012, 11:41

Previous topic - Next topic

giles.enders

Is anything known about the violin concerto in D written in 1931.  Also I did hear that Drdla composed a piano concerto for which I can find no reference other than J,'pense for Piano, harmonium and orchestra from 1914, could that be the piano concerto

Gareth Vaughan

Bayerische Staatsbibliothek has the piano/violin score of the Violin Concerto. I can't find a PC listed anywhere.

TerraEpon

How DO you pronounce his name, anyway?

giles.enders

You mutter it from the side of your mouth and hope no one will hear.

thalbergmad

I used to do that when I wanted to play Herz to my piano teacher.

Thal

eschiss1

Wikipedia gives a key of D minor and opus no.245 for the violin concerto , or is that another one written the same year (or is that unreferenced/able information?) (As to the date of 1931, that seems to be publication date, I do not know if it is composition date. the 1933 "Catalog of copyright entries: Part 3, Volume 27" of the Library of Congress gives a copyright arrival date of December 1931 for the violin/piano reduction of Drdla's opus 245, according to Google Books.) (Hrm. Actually, another Google snippet-skim shows a 1973 mention in "Die Musik in Geschichte und Gegenwart" that would seem to say that the manuscript of the concerto is dated 1931- if I read correctly. ... Hrm...so maybe so :) )