Joep Franssens

Started by malito, Tuesday 31 January 2012, 03:01

Previous topic - Next topic

malito

I downloaded and recorded the Joep Franssens "Bridge of Dawn" which is remarkable....I have played it MANY times today.  Thank you!  Is there any more of his symphonic music available???  Malito

Dundonnell

I have already waxed lyrical about this piece ;D

Refer Post 87 on the Dutch Music thread.

J.Z. Herrenberg

I'll have a listen to my compatriot's piece tomorrow...

cjvinthechair

Yes, if he's created anything else even half this beautiful Id' just love to find it ! Thank you !

Dundonnell

I too simply cannot stop playing this piece :)

It is moving and heart-breakingly beautiful music :) :)

Latvian

Well, since there's so much enthusiasm for this admittedly lovely piece, I'll have to go combing through my stacks of unfiled CDRs -- I do have another work of his that I can upload (if I can find it).

Peter1953

Most peculiar music. Quite a monotone, long and sad flow of sorrowful music. Not something to cheer you up. Nevertheless, it's magical, moving and I cannot stop listening. Thanks, Amphissa.
BTW, Joep Franssens has a website, see here.

Christo

Okay, I'm convinced.  :o I'll download the d-d piece and delve my little Joep Franssens cd collection - just two, if I recall correctly - from my shelves.

BTW I met him just once. During a Pēteris Vasks festival in Rotterdam somewhere around 2004, when Pēteris praised his recent work and the two composers actually met.

Dundonnell

Quote from: Peter1953 on Sunday 05 February 2012, 21:43
Most peculiar music. Quite a monotone, long and sad flow of sorrowful music. Not something to cheer you up. Nevertheless, it's magical, moving and I cannot stop listening. Thanks, Amphissa.
BTW, Joep Franssens has a website, see here.

Precisely my sentiments and my reaction ;D :)

caroline16

Hi, I'm new here. I know Joep Franssens personally and I can tell you that he was very pleasantly surprised by all the positive and warm remarks you've made on this piece. This piece is the first part of the full lenght orchestral cycle Bridge of Dawn. The world premiere of the second part is sceduled for 2013. He made a revision of the first part in 2009( performed twice), which is even more beautiful than the version you've heard. A final version is planned for 2012.

Peter1953

I'm very much looking forward to the second part and the final version, Caroline. I'm sure many members will be very pleased to hear it.

Dundonnell

Quote from: Peter1953 on Wednesday 08 February 2012, 21:31
I'm very much looking forward to the second part and the final version, Caroline. I'm sure many members will be very pleased to hear it.

Hear. Hear :)

Please convey our gratitude to the composer for producing such beautiful music in an age when that is not always easy to find.

malito

How can the original be improved upon?  WOW!  I can't wait!!!! Malito

cjvinthechair

Oh, yes ! Do hope anything further of his will be highlighted for his new fans on USC. !