Rufinatscha 5 at Meran(o) Aug 2012

Started by Alan Howe, Tuesday 07 February 2012, 19:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

Rufinatscha's 5th Symphony is to be performed at the Merano Festival in the Italian South Tyrol in August this year. The conductor will be Kristian Järvi...
http://www.meranofestival.com/cms/de/programm.html

petershott@btinternet.com

Obviously, the more the better!

But presumably, Alan, this venture is quite independent of Chandos?

Peter1953

Oh, I wish I could be there. My favourite Rufinatscha (the Fifth) performed in such an environment. Good to remember and celebrate his 200th birthday!

Alan Howe

Quote from: petershott@btinternet.com on Tuesday 07 February 2012, 20:25
But presumably, Alan, this venture is quite independent of Chandos?

I know of no connection...

Mark Thomas

Ahh, Süd-Tirol - and such great music too. Bliss!

Alan Howe

I believe that it is a major step forward for Rufinatscha's music that a conductor with an international reputation such as Kristjan Järvi - younger son of Neeme - is taking up his cause in this, the 200th anniversary of the composer's birth. It seems to me to be quite a breakthrough.

Mark Thomas

Yes, you are right and it's very encouraging news coupled with Chandos taking up the cudgels.

Amphissa

My favorite of his symphonies as well. I certainly hope it will be broadcast and .....

Alan Howe

I hear that a film has been made about Rufinatscha by an Italian team from Bolzano. My contact on this team also tells me that the concert featuring Rufinatscha 5 was "very good" and that Kristjan Järvi's interpretation was "refreshing".
More details as soon as I get them...