I LOVE UC but......

Started by malito, Friday 16 March 2012, 23:33

Previous topic - Next topic

malito

there is one thing that bugs me.  I find something I am delirious to get, write all the info on a CD-sized piece of paper, download it, and when I go to make a copy I find it is protecte4d by a password!  Why are things like this protected?  I tried to get the Soro piano concerto today and couldn't...just tried to download the Mignone works only to find that the "Sinfonia do Trabalho" was attainable only with a password and so I could not get the other works available on the same media file.  Couldn''t "pasword" and other reasons for not being able to download something be placed with the dowload section before one goes to all the trouble of trying to add something to one's collection?   I won the musical lottery when I discovered this site but sometimes get frustrated.  Malito

Dundonnell

Right...let's take your two examples, Mal :)

1. The Soro Piano Concerto was uploaded by Arbuckle. He no longer appears to be a member and his uploaded files have been removed or are blocked.
    I downloaded it and am happy to upload it for you (provided this is allowed ???)

2. The Mignone pieces were uploaded by Atsushi.  I already had the downloads but I downloaded the zip file just now again with no difficulties (no passwords involved), including the Sinfonia which plays perfectly.

If you are still experiencing this password phenomenon then I can upload the Mignone as well for you :)

Mark Thomas

Yes, Arbuckle left us and has presumably decided to remove or block the download links he posted here, which is a shame. However, I can't see any reason why they shouldn't be restored by members who downloaded them earlier. By all means upload the Soro Piano Concerto, Dudonnell.

Malito, UC relies upon the goodwill of its members when it comes to providing music to download. The format, location and indeed encryption of music files is entirely up to them. All we stipulate is that they satisfy our copyright restrictions. So any problems with an individual download should be addressed to the poster, provided they are still a member!

Dundonnell

The Soro Piano Concerto has been reuploaded, Mal :)  (Same details as before obviously).

If you still need the Mignone just ask :)

malito

Thank you so much for the info.  Now I understand.  Atsushi and I trade CDs on occasion and he got me the Soro PC.  I have no idea how to upload CDs so I send things to Atsushi (like the Cuclin 16th and the Barisons 2nd) and ask him to upload them for me as he has.  This is absolutely Christmas every day, or every few hours, having discovered this.  This site has add SO MUCH to my rather boring retirement and I am so happy and grateful I discovered it.  Thank you all who keep people like me almost as busy when I was working.  Malito