News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Jaromír Weinberger

Started by kolaboy, Sunday 08 April 2012, 18:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Dundonnell

Quote from: Mark Thomas on Wednesday 16 May 2012, 07:37
A good point. So, gentlemen, is it to be the Austrian, Czech or American thread in Downloads to which I move BerlinExpat's post (again)?

Since Weinberger wrote the Symphonic Suite "A Bird's Opera" in 1940 in the USA I would suggest American :) We do tend to classify European expatriates who settled in the USA as American, do we not ???

fr8nks

Quote from: Black on Wednesday 16 May 2012, 08:41
Quote from: fr8nks on Tuesday 15 May 2012, 12:58
You must download both files before trying to open either one of them. Both files must be in the same folder. Then open the first file and the complete recording will open.
I did what you said, but none of my unpacking programms can handle this. Which programm should I use?

Download 7zip--its free and takes about 30 seconds to install and works better than WinZip. You can get it here:  http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

In the download box there are 9 choices for Download. Use the first one. Once installed place mouse over 1st file and right click on it. Then point mouse to 7zip in menu. The 4th option down says "Extract Here". Click on this and you will have it.

black

It worked! Thank you so much!

fr8nks

Mark Thomas

Taking up Dundonnel's advice, I've again moved the download link, this time to the American Music thread in the Downloads board. May it rest in peace.

TerraEpon

Quote from: Dundonnell on Wednesday 16 May 2012, 14:05
Since Weinberger wrote the Symphonic Suite "A Bird's Opera" in 1940 in the USA I would suggest American :) We do tend to classify European expatriates who settled in the USA as American, do we not ???

So Rachmaninov and Stravinsky were Americans too?

JimL

A case can be made for that.  Or at least for putting their music under different periods (i.e. 'Russian', 'Paris', 'American', etc.).

Alan Howe

Let's not get into a pretty pointless wider discussion. This thread is about Weinberger!

kolaboy

Quote from: BerlinExpat on Tuesday 15 May 2012, 06:11
For Kolaboy and any other Jaromir Weinberger fans dreaming of more of his music, here is an orchestral piece called The Bird Opera. It's from the Dutch Radio archives but so far I haven't been able to decipher the announcer's introduction.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xjrljnnjv9gqens,btha6dv92biaps1

I also have a recording of the Dresden Semper Oper production of Svanda dudák if anyone is interested. The Sächsische Staatskapelle (regarded as an experienced Strauß orchestra) sound can't really be bettered.

Thank you B.E. Definitely interested  ;D

fr8nks

Quote from: kolaboy on Wednesday 23 May 2012, 02:52
Quote from: BerlinExpat on Tuesday 15 May 2012, 06:11
For Kolaboy and any other Jaromir Weinberger fans dreaming of more of his music, here is an orchestral piece called The Bird Opera. It's from the Dutch Radio archives but so far I haven't been able to decipher the announcer's introduction.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xjrljnnjv9gqens,btha6dv92biaps1

I also have a recording of the Dresden Semper Oper production of Svanda dudák if anyone is interested. The Sächsische Staatskapelle (regarded as an experienced Strauß orchestra) sound can't really be bettered.

Thank you B.E. Definitely interested  ;D

The entire opera can be downloaded at Todopera.