Vladimir Sommer VC

Started by malito, Thursday 19 April 2012, 02:12

Previous topic - Next topic

malito

I got the Sommer Violin Concerto recently and did not jot down the soloist or orchestra/conductor.  Does anyone have that information?  I would appreciate having it.  Thanks, Malito

violinconcerto

As I said a few times before if it comes to violin + orchestra works a short look on my website is always a good choice:

www.violinconcerto.de

malito

Thanks!  I forgot and have now bookmarked you.  I got what I needed.  Mal

JimL

Where is the link to this VC?  I wanted to download it and now all of a sudden it disappeared without explanation.  Was this a commercial CD?

violinconcerto

Yes.
If you check my website you will find below every recording entry information about a release, so as well for the Sommer piece.
Just google for it and you will find a website of the Czech Radio. There you can order it.

Sydney Grew

Quote from: JimL on Friday 20 April 2012, 16:21
Where is the link to this VC?  I wanted to download it and now all of a sudden it disappeared without explanation.  Was this a commercial CD?

Yes, I'm sorry about that; the explanation of what happened is here in the downloads discussion thread:

http://www.unsungcomposers.com/forum/index.php/topic,1405.msg32400.html#msg32400

It seems that a CD of the performance is indeed available for sale, albeit at a somewhat obscure location. This sort of thing is always a potential problem, especially where unfamiliar languages are concerned. Usually I check only amazon.com (it does not do to bother oneself sick about such matters), but in this case it is unknown to amazon.

violinconcerto

Quote from: Sydney Grew on Saturday 21 April 2012, 09:02

It seems that a CD of the performance is indeed available for sale, albeit at a somewhat obscure location.

The source for this recording is the Czech Music Information Center - a serious, reliable organisation...