News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Tubesucker

Started by JimL, Saturday 12 May 2012, 16:58

Previous topic - Next topic

JimL

I have a bit of a problem with this and I'm not sure where it originates.  When I download a video from YouTube and convert it to an MP3, several of my files end up with an odd distortion, even if the original flv on YouTube has perfect sound.  I'm not sure whether it's an artifact of the copying process or if it occurs in the conversion and I'd like to know if anybody else has experience with this.  In general, the sound of the wind instruments is unaffected, at least not noticeably, but the strings sometimes sound like someone smoked them through a bong.  There's a kind of bubbly, wobbly, flattened sound that's more noticeable at some times than others.  I can adjust to it, but I was wondering if there's some kind of setting in the download or conversion process in this program that I can use to prevent it.

TerraEpon

Instead of 'converting' to Mp3, you should use a program to demux the audio (such as the freeware program FLVExtract), which will have no quality loss and certainly shouldn't have any distortion.

JimL

OK.  So I download the flv and process it through that program.  What kind of file comes out the other end?

fr8nks

I use Pazera Free Audio Extractor and you can choose the final format, ie., wave, mp3, etc. I have never experienced distortion in other files.

JimL

Tubesucker also allows you to choose the final format in its conversion option.  I'm just wondering if the distortion is a result of the extraction or the conversion.

JimL

I downloaded the FLVExtract, but all I got was a zip file, with no installer.  I don't know how that's supposed to work. ???  It's just sitting in my downloads.  There isn't even an icon on my desktop.  I think I'll try the Pazera next.

TerraEpon

Quote from: JimL on Monday 14 May 2012, 02:38
I downloaded the FLVExtract, but all I got was a zip file, with no installer.  I don't know how that's supposed to work. ???  It's just sitting in my downloads.  There isn't even an icon on my desktop. 

Um.....unzip it and run the program?

JimL

Quote from: TerraEpon on Monday 14 May 2012, 06:44
Quote from: JimL on Monday 14 May 2012, 02:38
I downloaded the FLVExtract, but all I got was a zip file, with no installer.  I don't know how that's supposed to work. ???  It's just sitting in my downloads.  There isn't even an icon on my desktop. 

Um.....unzip it and run the program?
Sorry.  I meant to say that when I did that nothing happened.  No installation wizard, no desktop icon, nothing.

jerfilm

Strange, I haven't had that problem with Tubesucker.  If you paid for the "Pro" version, you might email the author who, in my experience, is good at answering emails.

Jerry

TerraEpon

Quote from: JimL on Monday 14 May 2012, 18:33
Sorry.  I meant to say that when I did that nothing happened.  No installation wizard, no desktop icon, nothing.

Um.....because the exe file is in the zip file. Goto whatever DIR you unzipped it to and double click it. There's no install program. This is hardly a rare thing I can't believe I would have to explain it to someone O_O

fr8nks

It must be nice to be such a genius.

JimL

You still don't get it.  I did all that.  I extracted all files from the zipped file.  I went into the unpacked file, selected the exe. file and NOTHING HAPPENED.  I got another program that seems to work.  I need to give it a shot next time I download something from YouTube.