Lindblad String Quartet No.4

Started by Mark Thomas, Saturday 08 September 2012, 15:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Thomas

Thanks for uploading this, Mathias, I look forward to listening to it.

eschiss1

thanks in turn for pointing it out. I am really getting to like this composer. :)

Odd, odd, though. I thought "no.4" was the C major.
Even if the manuscripts are undated, I wonder me if he left any indications in his correspondence ("I am writing a quartet in B minor!"... nah, we couldn't be so lucky. It does happen, I know. :) ... and then the date on the letter gets smudged. *g*)

(That's why I like, better than HMB etc. but in tandem with such tools, collections- often at universities nowadays, of a composer's manuscripts, correspondence, etc. together with, sometimes online "finding aids".  Can be very useful, those- when one can find them for a particular composer, or librettist, ... )

Note!
Lindblad collection exists, but finding aid etc. has not yet been digitized. So, perhaps watch this space. Also, for  questions regarding composers in that list (see that URL)... those links may be useful.

eschiss1

Oh, that explains it. I was thinking of F. Ludvig Norman's quartet no.4 in C. (Well, I like both composers' chamber music, but still, that was a -very- silly mistake for me to make.) According to SMDB the cellist's surname is Tidstrand (and yes, B minor, 1957, are right, etc.) :)