Problems writing posts?

Started by Mark Thomas, Sunday 09 September 2012, 08:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Thomas

Is anybody else having this problem? When I open the window to write a new post, the text box in which you type isn't closed on the right hand side and so the text just disappears, even though you continue typing. Yesterday I upgraded the UC software to the latest version to take advantage of some new security measures but it seems to have added this bug. Or is it just me? Before I contact support perhaps you could let me know if you've had the same problem?

Thanks.

Alan Howe

I had the problem for a few minutes yesterday until I re-loaded the page and then all was back to normal. It seems fine now as I write this. How odd.

Mark Thomas

Thanks, Alan. Reloading the page works. Presumably our PCs have the old page in their cache and the new version's code is slightly different and so the page in the cache doesn't work properly. Reloading removes it from the cache and substitutes the new version.

Alan Howe

You don't mean I actually solved a technical issue?  :)
It's all down to my IT mentor, of course. Seem to have forgotten his name... ;)

eschiss1

Ah. That was what I was referring to in my latest post ("the form")- yes, definitely having the same problem. Reloading? Ah, thanks. I thought I'd zeroed my cache (correction- not on -this- browser... need to clear it...), but forgot about external caches...

Alan Howe

Quote from: eschiss1 on Sunday 09 September 2012, 13:41
...my latest post ("the form")...

I deleted it, Eric, in case you are wondering. You obviously found the solution...

Mark Thomas

You may also have noticed that the familiar UC logo at the top right of the page had been replaced by the generic Simple Machines Forum logo. Reloading the page again now will make you feel more at home!

Alan Howe