The buttons have stopped working!

Started by Mark Thomas, Saturday 16 May 2009, 12:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Thomas

For some reason, the buttons which enable features such as adding italics, bold and links to posts have stopped working. I'm investigating.

You can still add these features to posts by entering the code directly into your post. Simply type square opening and closing brackets before and after the word or words you want to change thus: []Word[] and then between the pairs of brackets type the code letter for the feature in the opening pair and the same code letter preceded by an oblique stroke: / in the second pair.

The most commonly used codes are bold: b, italic: i and to make a clickable link: url.

Using the imaginary code z, the finished result looks like this:

[z]Phrase to be formatted[/z]

Just substitute b, i or url for z to get the feature you want. I'll post here as soon as I have got to the bottom of he problem.

Mark Thomas

For the techie amongst you, the problem appears to be a Javascript error. The software can't find the Javascript file which works the buttons in the editor. Unfortunately, beyond that I have drawn a blank as nothing has changed in the set up since we resumed service on the now Forum. So, you'll just have to grin and bear it for the time being until I can get to the bottom of the problem.

I can't find any other impairment to the Forum's functionality, but if you do come across something else can you please post it here as it may help me track down the problem.

Thanks.

sdtom

Mark Thomas

It's the same reason. Until I get it fixed, you can still type them in :-)

Mark Thomas

Suddenly, without any recent intervention from me, the editing buttons for enhancing text and creating links when you write a message have started working again. I assume that the host company had changed some setting and have now restored it. Or maybe one of the changes which I tried was the right change but took some time to work through.

Either way, normal service has been resumed.  The smiley's work too, sdthom :)

sojibds

Sometimes my buttons have stopped working Recently three of the four Upload/Insert media buttons stopped working when creating a post. Add an image seems to work fine. The others display only the name of the added file. Video and audio players do not appear. No short code is created.Please give me a solution.