News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Rott String Quartet

Started by Alan Howe, Monday 21 October 2013, 15:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

sdtom

I listened to a recording (highlights) by the Tartini String Quartet on utube and my interest was peaked enough to order the other Rott recording on acousence. I think that this is the recording that Peter was talking about. Am looking forward to listening to the entire recording. The other work is the Symphony for String Orchestra.
Tom :)

Paul Barasi

We've been over this before in 'Rott and Bruckner Quartets' but there's a Rott orphan movement that may belong to this work, a 2 minute Menuet inserted as a 4th movement. 

* 4 movement versions: Israel/Quintone; Rosamunde.
* 5 movement versions: Mandelring/Real Sound - Toblach; Mainzer/Acousence.

Missing much without 4th movement? No, but irrelevant as Mandelring is the outstanding recording anyway. Downside - expensive as part of a 3-CD box.

(Andrusier Ensemble also premiered Rott's (complete) Dachs String Quintet in 2002)

Alan Howe

Quote from: Paul Barasi on Tuesday 22 October 2013, 15:35
We've been over this before in 'Rott and Bruckner Quartets'...

Well, there was precious little discussion of the music there. Let's focus on that...

sdtom

Quote from: Paul Barasi on Tuesday 22 October 2013, 15:35
We've been over this before in 'Rott and Bruckner Quartets' but there's a Rott orphan movement that may belong to this work, a 2 minute Menuet inserted as a 4th movement. 

* 4 movement versions: Israel/Quintone; Rosamunde.
* 5 movement versions: Mandelring/Real Sound - Toblach; Mainzer/Acousence.

Missing much without 4th movement? No, but irrelevant as Mandelring is the outstanding recording anyway. Downside - expensive as part of a 3-CD box.

(Andrusier Ensemble also premiered Rott's (complete) Dachs String Quintet in 2002)

Finding the one that I did at $6.00 was a good find then.
Tom

sdtom

I hope that Peter will offer some insight on the Rott quartet. The beginning of the quartet had some extremely nice cello work.
Tom :)