News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

YouTube & chamber music

Started by eschiss1, Thursday 05 December 2013, 10:18

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Probably have linked to some of these (not the Martucci) before...

I note one can hear some interesting and sometimes good lesser-known Romantic chamber music performances (not, I emphasize, CD or LP rips and not broadcasts, either, it seems) over on YouTube nowadays- almost what one imagines the site may have been meant for once a time, in a musician's fantasy though not in fact -
E.g.
Martucci's quintet
*1. Allegro giusto
*2. Andante con moto
*Scherzo and Finale (played by the Five Lines Quintet at the SpazioTeatro89, uploaded by the administrators of the same. On their channel one can also hear a performance of one of Giovanni Sgambati's piano quintets played by the same group.)

Medtner's piano quintet performed by a class at the Moscow Conservatory, uploaded by their cellist. Good performance of this difficult-to-perform work (which I enjoy very much- yes, especially that march/hymn/dance theme in the finale), have listened to this performance several times...

Also (on various channels) (live, iirc) performances of e.g. a Gernsheim piano trio, Sinding's piano quintet, a movement (one, anyway) of Reinecke's piano quintet, the first movement of Franz Schmidt's first string quartet (plus a CD rip of the whole thing, but the live performance of the first movement is rather good too- luxuriant Romanticism but arguably much more extremely Romantic than non-Romantic- a matter of opinion...), a movement of Rheinberger's 2nd string quartet arranged for piano, etc. . also sometimes some more surprising things...