News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Doubles

Started by TB, Saturday 14 June 2014, 17:28

Previous topic - Next topic

TB

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, after spending a few weeks just reading along... I just moved and had to cope with a big CD collection. Going through them, I found a lot I didn't even known I own! And some of the music brought me, via googling, to this place. Thanks to this very forum, there's a clear and present danger my collection is going to grow even bigger!

My interest is the unsung stuff from, say, 1850 until today. My main focus is probably the era of 1880-1940, and I have a hard time resisting whenever a new recording of an unknown orchestral piece from those days crosses my path. You may be familiar with this problem - which actually results in having many, way too many discs standing still sealed in my shelves, because I don't the time to appreciate every single recording that I own.

So much for me. While looking through my collection, I stumbled across a few CDs of which I have twice. Don't ask me how this happened, but there I am. I wonder if any of you fellow collectors are interested in them? I'm not looking for money, but maybe you have doubles in your collection as well, or want to get rid of a disc? We could trade then.

What I have is:

- Alexander Tcherepnin: 3rd Symphony, Rhapsodie Géorgienne, Triple Concertino (Thorofon CTH 2021)
- Siegmund von Hausegger: Natursymphonie (CPO 777 237-2, still sealed)
- Lutoslawski, Cage, Mayuzumi, Penderecki: String Quartets - LaSalle Quartet (Brilliant 9187, still sealed)
- Leif Segerstam: Impressions of Nature 1 & 2, Nocturnal Thoughts (Orchestral works) (Kontrapunkt 32165)
- Georgi Dmitriev: 3rd Symphony, Warsaw Fantasy (Russian Disc 10003, still sealed)
- "Composers from Lower Saxony": Jörn Arnecke: Frage; Tobias Rokahr: Gegenfeuer; G. Bernhard F. Menger: Vitalisation; Christoph Hempel: Concerto for Clarinet and Orchestra (Contemporary orchestral works) (Thorofon CTH 2413)
- "Chinese Piano Concertos": Hsu Sung-Jen: Piano Concerto; Kuo Chin-Yuan: Piano Concertino; Ma Shui-Long: A Sketch of the Rainy Harbor (Thorofon CTH 2024)

There might be a few others hidden somewhere... Just drop me a line if you're interested! All the best, Thorsten