News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

BBC Radio 3 month?

Started by eschiss1, Sunday 26 October 2014, 12:20

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

I opened up some programs in the BBC Radio 3 online schedule from last Sunday and saw "3 weeks left to listen" rather than the "1 hour" or "5 hours" or "no longer available" I was expecting. Something's changed maybe?... Swedish Radio P2 already has (had, last I'd checked- hopefully still has at least) this one-month-archive program for one of their programs - if BBC Radio 3 is even partially (even if only for their Sundays- I haven't even yet checked for the rest of the week ;) ) following suit, this seems good news to this remote fan. Anyone know? Apologies if this is partially or wholly the wrong board, forum, &c &c &c &c ...

Edit: I think maybe it does only apply for now to programs broadcast on Sundays- though to all or most of them, which is still ... kind of neat, for all that -relatively speaking- the BBC isn't as good as it was 40, 50 years ago judging from program listings of those days &c&c&c (Yul Brynner-channeling ;^) ) Still better than a lot of what we get around here, ...

Hrm. No, more complicated than that. Most recent still available episodes of Through the Night- October 4-26 consistently? (from http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006tmq9/episodes/guide) (hrm- does that contradict the schedule for some of those days? well, if those links work, then doesn't matter, just use one instead of the other...)- some other programs may only be available for the last week, will have to check that. CotW ("Composer of the Week" for those new to BBC) also now stored for 4 weeks, I see... Bach now, but George Dyson last week, a nice choice that (even though Bach one of my 2 tied favorite composers) - (also recently Ivor Gurney, and about 2 months ago, M. Weinberg (1919-96) - missed that alas, hope they redo in future, yes, out of reach for this forum but terrific fellow... - I see Martin Anderson co-hosted that one, hi! :) ) - and Hans Gál, who's received some attention here, 2 weeks before that... erm. Right!)

Mark Thomas

As far as I know, all BBC programmes (TV & radio) are now available for four weeks, rather than just the week which it was before.

eschiss1

Thanks. For all the influence I can muster (zero- I'm not even sure how to get the people @ Euroclassic Notturno, tangentially, to correct the attribution and key on a Sammartini symphony they broadcast from time to time (it's in G, not F, and it's by G-B, not Giuseppe...)) (then again, I may be going about it wholly wrong- but - ah- never mind and - erm. ... *clears cobwebs*)

anyhow... with all the influence I can muster :) I wish to encourage this sort of behavior. 7 days to take in 7*24 hours of music is not enough, compared to, say, 29 days to take in 29*24 hours of... :) (just kidding, even if occasionally there -are- a few tempting things on their programs that I have discovered at the last minute...)

eschiss1

and the Composer of the Week segments from June are... still available. When I saw "clip", I thought it meant one-minute excerpt but no- the whole 64-minutes...
Oh. I have some happy, happy happy happy catching up to do... hrm. Though it may only be one 1-hour segment per older CotW, instead of all 5. That makes sense.