Graener Piano Concerto from cpo

Started by Mark Thomas, Thursday 11 December 2014, 08:32

Previous topic - Next topic

sdtom

sent off the memo to Naxos, the US distributor of CPO so I'll see what if anything happens.
Tom :)

sdtom

My contact is sending me out a CD and I'll determine if it's okay. Will let you know.

jerfilm

I cut them out with Audacity but of course that still leaves a little "hump" in the performance.

Jerry

eschiss1

Any thoughts about the Symphonietta (composed by 1910?) Leaving posters here as cold as the (15-odd-year) later Divertimento and piano concerto?

sdtom

Quote from: jerfilm on Wednesday 11 March 2015, 21:40
I cut them out with Audacity but of course that still leaves a little "hump" in the performance.

Jerry

If you pm me I can send the first movement of the repaired file. Naxos, at least in the USA was able to repair it.
Tom

jerfilm

Thank you, kind sir.  I have pmed (??) you accordingly.

Jerry

sdtom

sdtom

I'm happy to help anyone else with this if they want.

sdtom

"For amongst the youngest our hope is for the preservation of what their predecessors have created and for the continuation of their works." Paul Graener 1923.

Sums him up very nicely.

sdtom

After several listens I've grown to like this nice variety of work from Graener
https://sdtom.wordpress.com/2015/03/21/orchestral-works-iiigraener/

FBerwald

I actually like the Piano concerto - very neo-classical without the extra sarcasm which so many other composers feel the need to inject into their neo-classical type compositions. I haven't had time to hear the other works on the album yet.  BTW, with regards to the booklet for the VOL 2 of his works, I would be grateful if someone can help me out... I really want to read more about this amazing symphony.