Rudorff chamber music

Started by Alan Howe, Wednesday 11 March 2015, 07:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

Mark Thomas

Abso-flippin'-lutely! A must-buy if ever there was one.

eschiss1

Oh. That looks good... Thanks :)!

edurban

Very excited about this.  Ironic that even in Germany, his work as a pioneering environmentalist has put his composing in the shade...

David

Aramiarz

I enjoyed the Rudorff's symphony in Cpo, surely the chamber music will be good!

Wheesht

Not all that long ago I had no idea who Rudorff was, then, thanks to UC, I got acquainted with his fascinating symphony and now the chamber music is on its way - and a couple of days ago I actually overheard a conversation in a Vienna record shop where a customer was trying to order that very disc with chamber music... surely that is a good sign.

eschiss1

There's also- not chamber music, but a substantial work? not recorded?- a violin & orchestra Romanze (Op.41) by him, complete, I think (score/parts) in the Fleisher Collection. (Also a romanze for cello and orchestra Op.71? likewise complete, and an earlier work, his overture op.8. Hoping cpo hasn't lost interest there - if they can find soloists.)

Aramiarz

We have interest in Rudorff works, moreover the romanzes there are orchestral serenades. I wait in few years we will make some rescue

Simon

Eric! The Romanze Op. 41 does appear on the present recording (violin and piano version).