News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Rodolfo Zanni (1901-1927)

Started by Simon, Tuesday 31 March 2015, 01:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Here's a surprising prize for whoever finds manuscript by this Italian-Argentinian composer. Eric, maybe?

http://www.rism.info/en/home/newsdetails/article/2/help-solve-a-90-year-old-musical-mystery.html

Disclaimer: Since no music by Zanni is known for the moment, I can't confirm if it is romantic, or not!

edurban

Fabulous!  If only we (UC fans) were in a position to offer big money for all the other vanished mss we covet...anyway, best of luck to all searchers!

David

Alan Howe

I trust this is kosher. It must be April 1st somewhere in the world...

alberto

I read regularly (obviously not any single page) the magazine "Musica" since its foundation (about forty years ago).
Sometimes it dedicates articles to very marginal, very niche subjects.
An article about the mysterious Zanni has appeared on the magazine; he is told to have been pupil of Alberto Williams and to have seen among his models Sinigaglia and Sgambati.
The publishing house of "Musica" (Zecchini) has released a book about Zanni enclosing a Cd containing Zanni's songs sung by the tenor Fabio Armiliato.
Remembering how funny and hilarious (and skillful)  Fabio Armiliato has been in Woody Allen's movie "To Rome with love"...I don't know how to say about  the Rodolfo Zanni case.

eschiss1

April 1? It is now, in New Zealand and westward- has been, for 12 hours already.

sdtom