News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Forthcoming from cpo

Started by Alan Howe, Wednesday 24 June 2015, 14:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

The 2015/6 catalogue lists the following future releases:

F. Fesca: String Quartets Vol.2 (Nos.4-6, 10-12, 14, 16) (3 CDs)
Gemmingen: Violin Concertos 3 & 4 (+ F-J. Gossec Symphony)
Gernsheim: Violin Concertos 1 & 2 (+ Fantasiestück, Op.33)
Graener: Cello Concerto, Violin Concerto, Flute Concerto
Hausegger: Barbarossa, Hymnen an die Nacht (song cycle)
Hausegger: Aufklänge, Dionysische Phantasie, Wieland der Schmied
Herzogenberg: String Quartets, Op.42 (Nos.1-3)
Holbrooke: Violin Concerto ('The Grasshopper'), Theme and Variations 'Auld Lang Syne', The Raven
Kienzl/Lazzari Piano Trios
Lachner: Catherina Cornaro
Molique: String Quartets Op.42 & 44
Rabl: Piano Quartet, Violin Sonata
Reznicek: Violin Concerto
von Schacht: Symphonies in B flat, F & G
Weinberger: Wallenstein
Weingartner: Die Dorfschule

For me the stand-outs are the Gernsheim VCs, the two Hausegger CDS and the Holbrooke.

MartinH

Very pleased to see that Jaromir Weinberger's Wallenstein is coming out. There are few composers whose entire body of work is ignored, save one piece, the Polka and Fugue.

JimL

Finally!  Somebody here must have passed on your hankering for the Gernsheim VCs, Alan!  And I'd love to hear a decent rendition of the VC by Emil von Reznicek!

JimL

Maybe Burkhardt will get to the Litolff 'Eroica' Concerto before Hyperion!

Alan Howe

The soloist on the Gernsheim CD is Linus Roth - i.e. a virtuoso of international standing. The orchestra is the Hamburg Symphony, the conductor Johannes Zurl.

kuula

Can anyone give us an idea of what they will be issuing outside of our remit?

Alan Howe

That would be rather a long list. If you have any specific queries, please PM me via the website or send me an email.

Mark Thomas

Yes, there is indeed lots to be be pleased about on this list, but I'm a mite narked that they aren't finishing of their series of the Raff string quartets. Six of the eight are now available (with a gap of only ten years between the two issues), and just one CD would see the series complete. Maybe I'll have to wait until 2025...

Alan Howe

The catalogue says that the projects mentioned are only a selection of what they are planning.
Apologies: I should have made that clearer.

Claude Torres

QuoteVery pleased to see that Jaromir Weinberger's Wallenstein is coming out. There are few composers whose entire body of work is ignored, save one piece, the Polka and Fugue.

After the well known "Schwanda the Bagpiper (Švanda dudák)", "Wallenstein" is the 2nd opéra by Jaromir Weinberger whose  libretto was translated in German by "Max Brod"
(He saved most of Kafka's works)

C.T.

jerfilm

A dazzling list of stuff - if we live long enough to see it released......

J

Alan Howe

These recordings are supposed to be on the market by the end of 2016; cpo usually releases 6 items per month.

kuula

Specifically I was wondering if future volumes of Kallstenius, Braunfels, or Hendrik Andriessen were mentioned.
Thank you.  :)

Alan Howe

Braunfels - yes (Sinfonia Concertante Op.68 & String Quintet Op.63 - version for orchestra)
Andriessen and Kallstenius - no.

Claude Torres

QuoteBraunfels - yes (Sinfonia Concertante Op.68 & String Quintet Op.63 - version for orchestra)

Walter Braunfels (1882-1954)
CPO 777 579-2
Henry Raudales, Violin
Norbert Merkl, Viola
Karl Reitmayer & Marc Ostertag, Horn
Münchner Rundfunkorchester
Ulf Schirmer

Sinfonia concertante Op. 68 (Concerto for Violin, Viola & 2 Horns)
String Quintet Op. 63a (version for orchestra)