News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Achilleus (Max Bruch)

Started by Sibeliusfan, Saturday 27 June 2015, 19:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibeliusfan

In the recent past some of Bruch's oratorios have been recorded. In 1993 even his three hours during Achilleus was recorded. However, this recording has long been deleted and on the internet I only found the nine minutes of "Aus der Tiefe des Grames", sung by Emmi Leisner. Who knows where you can hear more or who has a recording for the download-section of this website?

Alan Howe

Sibeliusfan

Alan Howe

A pirated copy of this recording seems to be available here:
http://www.operapassion.com/cd5053.html

Has anyone ever dealt with this company?

Sibeliusfan

Thank you, I'll give it a try.

BerlinExpat

QuoteHas anyone ever dealt with this company?

I bought a lot of rarities from them in the past but gave up as a good percentage of the CDs had lots of 'skips' or 'drop-outs' as if whoever had edited the recording had the track control set to include an automatic pause. I had the tiresome job of copying the sound track to my music editing programm, then deleting the annoying breaks and reburning the recording.

They also mostly use printed CD labels and I have such that after a period of time have become unplayable. Luckily on account of the breaks I had copied the CDs. I've been told the adhesive can etch through to the playing surface and after hearing that I even made "archive copies" the okay CDs to be sure.

I have done the same with the CDs I have purchased from Premiereopera Italy even though Riccardo Favullo's CDs don't have the annoying breaks. At least not so far!

Alan Howe

This is good to know - thanks! So the lesson (at the very least) is: make copies as soon as you receive the CDs!

Sibeliusfan