Krogulski Piano Octet op. 6

Started by Semi.Serio, Tuesday 07 July 2015, 22:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Semi.Serio

In the download section, I offer an interesting piece, Krogulski's Octet for piano, strings, flute and clarinet. According to a Polish site, it was played at Warsaw in 1832:

http://www.bibliotekapiosenki.pl/Krogulski_Jozef_Wladyslaw

(but perhaps I do not understand the text rightly). The Grand Octuor is a rarity in the 19th century (Louis Ferdinand, Anton Rubinstein). Krogulski's work sounds to me like a French composition, less brilliant than (let's say) Kalkbrenner's Septuor, rather in the mod of Onslow's works (there is a storm episode in the finel which recalls Onslow's coup de vent) and, I fear, with the same melodic weakness.
Best
SemiSerio

jerfilm

I get the message that "This webpage is not available".    ERR CONNECTION REFUSED.

Jerry

Alan Howe

It works fine for me. Do try again now that I've 'hyperlinked' it.

Semi.Serio

As far as I can tell, it does work. Just try again
Best

Martin Eastick

I am also getting the message "This webpage is not available", unfortunately!

Gareth Vaughan

No problem for me. Link works perfectly.

jerfilm

Well, I give up.  Strange.  I've tried a desktop, a laptop and my ipad.  Same result.  Tried Internet Explorer and Chrome.  The server at the other end will not accept the connection.

J

black

I think Jerfilm and Martin Eastick are referring to the link Semi.Serio has provided in the Downloads Section which is not working for me either. The link Alan has "hyperlinked" gives no problem.

jerfilm

Thanks, Black, for clarifying that for us.  Yes, the download link.

Jerry

eschiss1

My browser doesn't know of any site "1fichier.b" - is that meant to be a redirecter/alias, like "youtub.e"? Or just a typo? If the latter, I recommend semiserio's quietly using the edit link, is all!...

Alan Howe

Now we know which link we're talking about - it doesn't work for me either...

Alan Howe

Semi.Serio has published a new link - which now works. Thank you!

jerfilm

Yes, thanks, Semi.Serio.   That one works just fine.......so glad to get this rare piece.

Jerry

mikehopf

Sorry to add to this confusion but do I first need to register with " ficher " and pay a fee ( albeit small) in order to access this Octet?

Really, I don't want to give all my financial details to them. I already had enough trouble with Mediafire when I registered for one month and found that I was debited each month for eternity!

Martin Eastick

Many thanks, Semi.Serio. - the link is now working fine for me, and the Krogulski was certainly worth waiting for! Surely a must for a commercial recording?