Ernst Tschiderer's symphonic poems

Started by Ilja, Wednesday 28 October 2015, 13:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilja

Hello all,

Leafing through the online catalogue of the Tiroler Musikmuseum I saw that they recently released a CD containing the symphonic poems of Ernst Tschiderer (http://shop.tiroler-landesmuseen.at/cd-dvd/klingende-kostbarkeiten-aus-tirol/klingende-kostbarkeiten-aus-tirol-93.html). It sounds like exactly the thing that I might like. There is a news report on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBjfHRE4au8) that contains some of the music, but it's only bits and pieces even if it sounds interesting. Has anyone heard this CD and if so, would he/she care to comment?

Mark Thomas

My own take on this CD is here, Ilja. As you can see, we discussed it a few months ago.

Ilja

Hi Mark, thanks. I did a search, but the name didn't crop up; I obviously missed this a while back, sorry.

jerfilm

Shame that there are no download possibilities from the Tyrol folks......

mikehopf

Luckily there are downloads available, including the Tischiderer CD, from Qobuz.

They are under the Musik Museum label and include works by Rufinatscha, Netzer, Nagiller, Pembauer, Mitterer and other well-known composers.

mikehopf

Sorry... I got carried away... Tischiderer's Serenade is included in the Qobuz catalogue  but unfortunately not the scrumptious-sounding Symphonic Poems CD... not yet anyway.

jerfilm

Sadly, the last time I checked, Qobuz is not available here in the colonies.

J

mikehopf

Depends in which colonies you live, Jerry.  Qobuz is available to subscribers in America as a Search will show. As to Australia, the situation is unclear. I'm an Australian and have been a Qobuz subscriber for many years though I am aware some some of my fellow countrypeople have problems subscribing. Why not contact Qobuz direct? They speak excellent English!

Sharkkb8

QuoteQobuz is available to subscribers in America as a Search will show

Got my hopes up with this, but, I just performed yet another search and have gotten the same result as always, which is the one Jerry mentioned.  qobuz.com home page:   "Welcome!  Are you based in the United States?  Qobuz is not available for your country".  So the Tschiderer-search goes on, for us Yanks. 8)

Alan Howe

Maybe it's best to buy the CD, then...?

jerfilm

BE interesting to know why it's not available in the States......

Sharkkb8

QuoteMaybe it's best to buy the CD, then...?

Well, sure - that's always best, but not always feasible.  I would posit that for those of us in the States, acquiring as many new (and especially unsung) recordings as possible is a different prospect than for those in the UK & Europe (as I ranted about in my regrettable tantrum of a year or so ago).  We are faced with limited availability at best, often no availability at all, combined with frequently-astronomical shipping charges (jpc $14/disc....really?!), so it often becomes prudent to play the hunting game, and/or wait until recordings make their way onto iTunes or Amazon or whatever, in order to be able to acquire as much as possible.  It would be lovely to be in the position to spend upwards of $30 for every single new disc that comes along, but alas....!      :-\

Sharkkb8

...and, getting back to the name in the subject of this thread, I just was able to purchase the Tschiderer Serenade from iTunes for about 4 bucks, and have just cranked it up.  So far, the first 60 seconds have been lovely.   ;)

vicharris

If you can get through the clunky ordering process at Tiroler Landesmuseum they have had a half-price sale in November and December the last few years. It has worked for me a time or two, other times I have to communicate with someone personally, etc., but certainly a wonderful bunch of unsungs, Karl Senn, Pembauer, et al are quite enjoyable, and of course Rufinatscha's other symphonies. Just wonder why they did his Piano Concerto with a Hammerflugel instead of a modern piano.

kootenay

quote  "frequently-astronomical shipping charges (jpc $14/disc....really?!),"
possibly not, I've found that applies to larger orders too so the cost per disc goes down.  jpc also remove vat (keyboard's gone, can't get caps) which may cover shipping,
try a larger order but  don't  click on final  approval to test your area.
I  do this  with all  overseas   suppliers to check real prices.