Raff string quartet #1, Quartetto Milano

Started by Sharkkb8, Thursday 14 April 2016, 00:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharkkb8

Aloha, good UC-ers....an odd question, but I hope the members can humor me (especially those who might have this recording).  I was listening to an all-day digitized playlist of music yesterday, and at one point I glanced at the computer to remind myself what I was listening to - and it displayed that it was the first movement of the Raff quartet #1.  Now, I'm no musicologist, and the entirety of my musical training consists of a few guitar lessons when I was a teenager and a "Music 101" class my freshman year in college, but I would like to think I can tell the difference between the sound of a quartet and that of an orchestra (a subtle, early clue I detected: timpani 8)).  So, I have a digitized rogue orchestral track masquerading as the opening movement of this quartet. I would have ripped the original cd to my collection in my computer, likely many years ago, but obviously I didn't discover the issue right away, and I no longer have the disc to check.  I considered uploading the track in question with a link so members could click, listen, and perhaps identify, but presumably that would involve copyright issues.  Wondering if any of you who have this recording might consider giving your cd's track #1 a quick listen & verifying it's ok - sorry to burden everyone with posting this quirky personal issue, but, then again, on the off-chance that there are some defective Tudor cd's floating around, that might be worthwhile to discover.  And besides, hearing the first few moments of a Raff quartet isn't *that* much of a hardship, now is it?!   ::)  Thanks!

Gregory

Alan Howe

There's no problem with my copy of the CD.

Mark Thomas

Gareth Vaughan

Alan Howe

Sharkkb8

OK, well, thank you kindly for checking, gentlemen!  Still don't quite understand it, but then, that's not uncommon for me.   8)