Marshall-Hall symphony in C minor (digital orchestral performance)

Started by Martin Eastick, Wednesday 28 February 2018, 15:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Eastick

I don't know if this may be of interest to anyone here - certainly the Marshall-Hall symphony would be of interest in its own right (the rest of the CD I can easily do without!), but I am definitely suspicious of a recording with "digital orchestra"! Here now is the opportunity for a REAL orchestra do do the honours! http://www.tallpoppies.net/ (TP255)

sdtom

Mark Thomas

The Adagio from this symphony has been available for several years now played by a real orchestra on a CD coupling it with Marshall-Hall's E flat Symphony.

sdtom

eschiss1

the synthesized performance or the Adagio coupled with the E-flat symphony? Which? "It" is not very specific.

Alan Howe

sdtom

Martin Eastick

The only value of this new recording surely is to encourage a "real" performance/recording of the C minor symphony. Certainly the adagio movement as featured on the Move CD whets the appetite - and I am really surprised that the complete work was not included on this recording bearing in mind a total of just under 24 minutes playing time indicated on the new synthesized version, would have meant a total CD length of still under 60 minutes if both complete symphonies had been included! Still, we can perhaps live in hope.........

Gareth Vaughan

I agree - and hope I shall live long enough to see that "hope" fulfilled.