News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Music by Marijn Loeve

Started by marijnl, Tuesday 09 April 2019, 17:36

Previous topic - Next topic

marijnl

Hi! I'm a (still very much unsung) composer who makes romantic style music (sonatas, nocturnes, concertos) solely because of my love for it.
Since I have already made 30+ pieces and I wanted to share them with the world, I decided to put them on a youtube channel: Classy Compositions.

I hope some people here can enjoy it, and feel free to give me feedback on any of it. Cheers!

tpaloj

Welcome! About your latest Piano Concerto (no 4), it was a pleasure to hear and even better to see the score alongside it.

Even if it's a short piece it flows well. Reminds me in its forward movement and tone to Marie Jaell's concerti somewhat. It's monotonous - contrasting theme(s) and sections would have helped, and the piano part is threadbare. But above all thank you for sharing it & the other music, I enjoyed it.

A little tip, it's good practice to notate horns/trumpet/timpani parts without key signatures, just use accidentals when needed.

marijnl

Thanks for the praise and feedback! 

I try to make the contrasting themes not too different so the piece still keeps a sense of unity, but perhaps toomuch so if you think it can get monotonous sometimes. I'll keep that in mind next time.

And interesting about the brass... althought I mostly notate as efficiently as possible for my VST's to do the work, at this stage its unlikely any real orchestra will play my work.