News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

New Member...

Started by monafam, Tuesday 16 June 2009, 18:18

Previous topic - Next topic

monafam

While on another forum, I inquired about good places for classical music discussions and "Unsung Composers" was one of the responses I received. 

I doubt I can offer a lot to this group, but a lot of questions.  I don't have an extensive musical background, although I love listening to classical music and have considerably broadened my tastes to include works that are not so popular/tonal as perhaps I would have required in the past.

While I think I can grasp the "unsung" descriptor, I am a little concerned that I might mis-label some composers.  It is possible I may inquire about a composer I'm not particularly familiar with, but it will turn out is the most-respected composer of a specific genre/instrument/style.   Feel free to set me straight though!

I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum.

Alan Howe

I am sure that we are all pleased to have you on board, as it were. And don't worry at all about mis-labelling composers: we are used to to pooling our collective ignorance on this forum!!

So, welcome!

JimL

Beat me to it, Alan!  Welcome aboard, Monafam!

monafam

Kevin Pearson

I'm new here too and feeling my way around, so to speak, but I'd like to give you a hearty welcome!  :)

Kevin