Electronic renditions of unsung works

Started by Ilja, Wednesday 17 July 2019, 16:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilja

Dear all,

A while ago I invested some funds in decent software to use for creating scores - firstly of Von Brucken Fock's, Dopper's and Philipp Scharwenka's symphonies. It's a lot of work, but it's fun to do and very satisfying. As you have all been able to judge from the Thieriot Symphony which Mark uploaded a few days ago, the quality of synthetic, electronic renditions has now become such that they're actually listenable. I intend to upload the works I mentioned as soon as they're done (which may be a while yet; it's very time-consuming work).

However, I also have various older synthetic audio files, that might benefit from re-rendering using more modern software: the symphonies of Grimm, Ulrich, Reichel and Jensen, to name a few. The problem is that I can't find the source files that were used back then. If any of you might have such files, I would be grateful if you could send them to me, so that I can make more up-to-date versions. Of course, should you have other relevant MIDI, Sibelius or MusicXML files, I'm interested too.

Alan Howe