Kaspersky AntiVirus/Firewall warning on this site only

Started by Steve B, Wednesday 08 December 2010, 15:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve B

Mark/Alan, The last few times (today) I have logged into this site my Kaspersky combined a/v and firewall has warned "is trying to get access to protected password storage". This does not occur with any other of my trusted sites or the Google homepage. Nor does "make trusted"{site} have any effect: the warning comes up every time(though this may to be to do with my a/v or firewall settings); but the first point I mentioned makes me concerned thet there are (possible) hackers at work again; especially as there has been spam recently, I see. Kaspersky has never come up with this notice before and i have had it two or three years.can you check and report back. Thanks. Steve

Mark Thomas

Mark Thomas

I've been through the UC installation and can find absolutely no evidence of tampering. None of the files, other than the database and the cache, have been updated recently and there is no evidence either in the access log of the forum itself, or of the web space generally of any unusual activity. No file permissions have been changed. The SQL database and the cache change dynamically with the use of the forum and I can't check them for hacking, but I have run the recommended integrity check on the database and it passed with no comment.

I don't run Kaspersky myself, so I can't replicate the symptoms, but I did access the forum using IE (I normally use Firefox) with Google search enabled and nothing untoward occurred.

I'm at a loss therefore. I don't know if that's enough reassurance, but there's no more that I can do at this stage without any more symptoms to guide me.