Joseph Lauber Symphonies Nos. 4 & 5

Started by adcsound, Wednesday 23 June 2021, 07:23

Previous topic - Next topic

adcsound

Dear Friends,

We shall record the two last symphonies next August. Same team.

The recording will take place in the same room where we recorded the first CD.

Salutations de Bern,

Fred.

eschiss1

Thanks! (ah, I like the 5/4 C minor concluding bars of #4 already, and no.5 looks good...)

adcsound

Today, after a big sound check, the first movement of the 4th is already on the SSD.

Work in progress...

All the best from Bern,

Fred.

Alan Howe

Hi Fred,

How wonderful!

What is your opinion of these two symphonies? What stylistic developments have you noticed?

Thanks so much for updating us - and best wishes from us here at Unsung Composers.

Alan Howe

I'm sure we're all very grateful, Fred!

And stay safe yourself, please.

adcsound

Dear friends,

In the midst of these dark hours, I would like to announce that the last volume of Lauber's symphonies is finally available. I hope that this CD, which closes the symphonic cycle, will bring you as much joy in listening to it as we have had in doing so!

Sincerely,

Fred.

Ilja

Justin

Thank you, Fred! I will order this right away and report back my thoughts after its arrival.

Just curious, did Lauber have other orchestral works besides Die Alpen and the symphonies?

Gareth Vaughan

Well, there are supposed to be 2 violin concertos and 2 piano concertos. And, personally, I would really like to know more about these and if they have survived in full score.

adcsound

If someone can explain me how can I attach documents (scans from Lauber's Catalogue), I shall give you more information.

Ilja

I've messaged you via the Forum's message function.

Mark Thomas

Thank you, Ilja, I was just about to to the same thing.

Alan Howe

Duly ordered. Thanks so much for keeping us informed, Fred!

adcsound

Maybe it's not possible to attach files with an answer, so, to answer to Justin:

http://www.adcsound.ch/Temp/P103.jpg
http://www.adcsound.ch/Temp/P104-105.jpg
2 scans from the Catalogue des oeuvres.

No longer available, see below in the thread.

Fred.

eschiss1

And I see there's at least one string quartet (in G minor, op.5 (published 1899 by Fritzsch, composed 1897?) reprinted by Edition Silvertrust) too. Increasingly intriguing.
Thanks!!