Toccata Classics – problems with ordering

Started by Wheesht, Tuesday 20 July 2021, 13:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheesht

Today's post on the forthcoming Toccata Classics Heino Eller piano music CD prompts me to ask if anyone here has ordered directly from Toccata recently. My latest order from mid May never arrived nor has there been a reply to any of the three emails I sent to enquire. 

Sharkkb8

Not Toccata - but expanding to include JPC:  I have ordered from them any number of times, and virtually every time, something in the software system reverses the numbers in my street address.  The address is unusual I guess, with a dash in the middle  -  75-6190  -    but JPC always reverses the two sets of numbers or deletes the "75" completely, resulting in deliveries of 2 months duration or more.  I have inquired several times, each one a little more "direct" than the last, but when they answer at all, they are quite snippy about it, and say things like "we send out thousands of orders" and nonsensical things like "we can't have different address formats for every possible situation".  Well no, but how about having just *one* format: leave the address the way the customer entered it.   Anyone else have rather infuriating experiences with them?  (and were they fixed, perhaps an encounter with a better specific customer service rep?)

Alan Howe

I've never had any problems with jpc.

As for Toccata, why not try emailing Martin Anderson direct: martin@toccataclassics.com

Wheesht

Thanks, that's what I did, I sent him two messages. I'll try again. In my experience, emails quite often end up in the junk folder, even to or from people with whom I have been in contact before.

4candles

As you would expect, Martin is extremely busy running the label, but hopefully either he or one of the (very small) number of people who work voluntarily with him, will respond to you!  :)