Martinus Sieveking (1867 – 1950) - Piano Concerto

Started by 4candles, Wednesday 21 July 2021, 15:27

Previous topic - Next topic

4candles

Wikipedia article on the composer here.

Composer mainly of piano pieces and transcriptions, Sieveking (I discovered a couple of years ago) also wrote a piano concerto, the manuscript of which can be found here at Gallica.

Others more qualified than I can attest to the quality or otherwise of the music.

4c

Gareth Vaughan

What a very messy MS! Alas, I cannot download it from the Gallica site - I keep getting error messages. Should anybody else have better luck, please could they share their copy with me?

Many thanks.

eschiss1

maybe it depends on location? You're in the UK where his music will be in (c) for 10 years yet? quite a few sites detect such things and I believe can respond accordingly...

Gareth Vaughan

Wheesht

Location doesn't seem to be the problem. I have just downloaded the PDF without any problems while my VPN was set to a UK location. I'll be happy to share the downloaded file, Gareth.

joachim

Gallica: https://gallica.bnf.fr  is a French site, Gareth. I was able to download it without problem (24.1 byte in PDF).
If you want, I can send it to you by email

Gareth Vaughan

Thanks very much, joachim, but Wheesht already sent it to me. Very grateful for the kind thought.