News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

VLC Player

Started by sdtom, Monday 06 September 2021, 17:36

Previous topic - Next topic

sdtom

Who has experience with this somewhat complicated player? The instructions are not the best, at least for me.

jdperdrix

I still use VLC but not for music. It is a very powerful player, with (too) many features. But for music I switched to foobar2000. The reason is the following. When playing mp3 tracks, VLC marks a short pause (maybe .1 second), which is really disturbing when the tracks should follow without interruption. And foobar2000 does not do this. I think it has to do with the way each player anticipates the next track, but I'm not sure. Anyway, foobar2000 is easy to use and works fine for sound tracks. But for videos, I still use VLC.

Justin

As an audio/video player, it is great and simple to navigate. For other features such as editing and effects, it does seem to get cluttered.

I use it often because it plays virtually any file.

sdtom

One question I have is how if possible can you get it to play all of the tracks on a digital file.?

sdtom

one of the things that the windows player does do is play them in order which the vlc doesn't do or at least mine. how do you program to play them in order

jdperdrix

I had the same problem!
I think the following should work:
Open vlc then
tools -> preferences
At the bottom in show settings click All
Then choose Playlist and make sure that Playfiles randomly forever is unselected.
Don't forget to click on the Save button.
Finally close vlc and restart it (you have to do this to take the modifications into effect).
Hope it helps!