Contact for Hamelle / Alphonse Leduc music publishers?

Started by 4candles, Friday 15 October 2021, 12:03

Previous topic - Next topic

4candles

I am trying to make contact with anyone from the Alphonse Leduc music publishers who might know anything about their archives.

Unfortunately as both Hamelle and Leduc were bought over by 'Wise Music Publishing' – which on the face of it seems to have decidedly taken the personal touch out of things – I can find no trace of contact details for anyone who may have worked at Leduc. Wise are not answering my emails either.

It's a long shot, but does anyone here have any leads?

Many thanks!
4c

Gareth Vaughan

Sorry if this sounds obvious, but have you tried telephoning the headquarters of Wise Music Group, 14-15 Berners Street, London, and trying to get a contact there? The phone number I have found appears to be 020 7612 7400. That said, my experience of dealing with music publishers over the phone does not make me sanguine that you will get much joy. However, it may be worth a try.

4candles

Thanks Gareth. Admittedly not, but I was on the assumption I'd be speaking to someone in French (not my forte) rather than in Londonish  ;D. At any rate I'm much more confident in the written word rather than the spoken!

If I don't hear back from them after my latest email, I'll reluctantly try this route. Thanks again.