Flemish Romantic Piano Music on Etcetera

Started by 4candles, Tuesday 13 December 2022, 12:21

Previous topic - Next topic

4candles

Forthcoming from Etcetera, a potentially interesting release including music by Peter Benoit, Charles Louis Hanssens, Philippe Vanden Berghe, and Jean Vanderheyden - mostly first recordings. I'm only familiar with Benoit.

Au Clair de La Lune - Flemish Romantic Piano Music

semloh

What a pity there are no sound samples. It looks promising.

eschiss1

I haven't heard of Vanden Berghe or Vanderheyden, but several works by Hanssens may have been uploaded here awhile ago. (There may be two composers- possibly father and son or otherwise relatives? - by that name, so it's also possible that the works I think I've heard, a violin concerto and symphony iirc, are by a different Hanssens.) Is that Benoit 4th fantasy a work that's also been recorded on Marco Polo?

(Hanssens: "Charles-Louis-Joseph Hanssens, known under the name Hanssens the elder (4 May 1777 – 6 May 1852)" -- and his -nephew- "Charles-Louis Hanssens" (1802-1871). The latter is "at issue" here, and I think in most recordings I've heard so far, but maybe not all...)

eschiss1

Here's another description of the CD (albeit in Dutch), noting that the Hanssens is a piano concerto, arranged for sextet. Interesting.