News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

what is this piece?

Started by Christopher, Sunday 25 February 2024, 13:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

I apologise for troubling members with this, but I've not been able to resolve via other routes...

I have this piece in my library which is labelled as William Wallace's symphonic poem "The Passing of Beatrice" - but it is definitely NOT that piece.  Might anyone have idea what it is?!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pg68mynr4931l3f/Wallace_-_The_Passing_of_Beatrice.m4a/file

semloh

Have you identified this yet, Christopher? It is so familiar to me, and yet I can't name it. It's very frustrating!  :-\

Mark Thomas

I tried to download it when this was first posted but, despite having a MediaFire account, I couldn't.

semloh

At last! It's the charming set of English Folk Dances by Ernest Tomlinson, starting with "Jenny Pluck Pears". now I can sleep easy!  ;D

Mark Thomas

Christopher

Ah! Thank you very much Colin! Now I can also sleep easy. Funnily enough, when I listened to it all the way through I was getting Dvorak, which I guess might be explained by "Folk Dances", if not "English"! However, the piece WAS saved in a subfolder of mine called British composers, ruling him out.

Theodore S.

Quote from: semloh on Sunday 10 March 2024, 12:08At last! It's the charming set of English Folk Dances by Ernest Tomlinson, starting with "Jenny Pluck Pears". now I can sleep easy!  ;D

A bit late, but this is great news! Thank you for finding this piece.