Russian & Soviet Music

Started by Mark Thomas, Friday 17 June 2011, 03:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Dundonnell

Quote from: jerry.buszek on Thursday 12 January 2012, 04:55
I cannot access any downloads of fyrexia. Please advise how I can access the downloads. Thank You.

Jerry

I too have found this problem when I started on the Russian Music Downloads section. I have not contacted fyrexia directly because I know that he said that he was travelling abroad recently. He MAY now be home again ???

Dundonnell

Not quite sure where to put this post but since this thread is the one I was most recently regularly visiting........... ;D ;D

For the last three weeks I have been working through the downloads backlog, that is to say the music downloaded before I joined this site in September and those pieces uploaded while I was engaged on my own upload programme of mainly British Music.

I have just finished downloading, copying and cataloguing :) :)

I have counted up that I have, for example, now downloaded 371 non-British and 106 British Symphonies in the last four months ;D

Now I pray that I have enough lifetime left to actually listen to all this music ;D ;D

I want to say the warmest thank you possible to all those members who have downloaded so much Russian, Polish, American etc etc music.

It would be invidious to name particular members but there are a number who have consistently and repeatedly uploaded music not otherwise available, easily or at all, from countries all over the world.

We owe them a HUGE vote of thanks :) :) :)

Dundonnell

Sicmu-

Is there any possibility of restoring the first of the two links to the Oratorio "Life on Earth"by Alexander Kholminov posted on 26 September and the second of the three links to the music of Alexander Flyarovsky posted on October 1st.

Could you also clarify which pieces of Flyarovsky are contained in the second and third links ??? The post refers to "Festive Overture, Those Who Fought in April, 15 minutes Before the Start and In the Civil War" but the third file contains "And the World Looks At Us" and "Urildaan".

Sicmu

The links are now restored, the files were deleted and I have no idea of what happened.

gabriel

Dear guys,
As I understood, the three movs numbered 2, 3 and 4 are in the upload of semloh, and the first one is missing from broadcasting.
And (as Sicmu said) the first bar of the second mvt (not the first one) is also missing.
Is this correct?

Dundonnell

Thanks for restoring these links :)

semloh

Sicmu, thanks for responding re the Steinberg - but now I'm confused, as there appears to be only three movements, when the txt file says there should be four.  ???

Christopher

I must admit, I am also confused about what is what regarding the Steinberg Turksib!

Dundonnell

Some final definitive clarity on this would be very helpful ???

Adding the times of the 3 files I downloaded of the symphony together gives a total of 37.08 minutes. Do we know or, rather, does anyone know how long the 4th symphony is supposed to last ??? ???

Sicmu

This is the symphony as broadcasted by the BBC, so it should be the complete work. I would say trust your ears, the final track sounds like there are two different sections : first, a brief and swfit scherzo running less than 5' ( 4'35") and then a  march or procession that could considered as be the beginning of the finale.

Dundonnell

Quote from: Sicmu on Sunday 15 January 2012, 15:33
This is the symphony as broadcasted by the BBC, so it should be the complete work. I would say trust your ears, the final track sounds like there are two different sections : first, a brief and swfit scherzo running less than 5' ( 4'35") and then a  march or procession that could considered as be the beginning of the finale.

That's it ;D

End of story for me :) I am happy :)

semloh

fyrexia

Sorry people. I am just now reading that a lot of people wants to access in to my uploads.
Can some of you make a list of the works i have which is in private, so i can make them public?

I want to clarify something, before somebody thinks that i am some kind of selfish "individual".

I am currently a hitchhiker. And ive been doing this for a long time already. I dont have a "stable" location. So i cannot read every messages there is. My life is not being at home with its butt sitting on the computer everyday. When i have the time, i am still glad to upload some music on to my Youtube Channel. I have to make a living myself when i arrive at certain places.
I hope fellow members can understand my current situation.

Cheers !

Tony

Dundonnell

I did remind fellow members that you were travelling, Tony ;D

Anyway, the missing works are:

Andrei Balanchivadze: Symphony No.1
                                   Symphony No.2
                                   Piano Concerto No.4
Balis Dvarionas: Piano Concerto No.1
Evgeni Golubev: Violin Concerto
                          Cello Concerto
Nikolai Kapustin: Piano Concerto No.4
Askold Murov: Symphony in Tobolsk
                       Symphony No.2
Eugene Stikhin:  Piano Concerto
Gleb Taranov: Symphony No.6
Stasys Vainiunas: Piano Concerto No.2

If you are able to restore this at some point I certainly would be very grateful :)

...and Good Luck with your travels :)

Dundonnell

Tony,:

Thank you very much for restoring the Balanchivadze, the Dvarionas, the Golubev, the Kapustin, the Murov and the Vainiunas :) :)

Regarding the Taranov and the Stikin: you, apparently, uploaded the Taranov to Mediafire on 22 June but the link now says "Invalid or Deleted File", and the Stikin on 10 July but that link says "File set to Private" ???

But if they are no longer available so be it ;D

Thanks again for what you have been able to do :)