Spanish Composers

Started by JimL, Saturday 15 October 2011, 15:59

Previous topic - Next topic

lechner1110

Hi , Thanks and sorry, I also can't find information of them.
  Does anyone can understand Spanish (Catalan) announce? :-[

cjvinthechair

Mr. Atushi - whatever they are, the Toldra, and your other recent Spanish uploads, are quite terrific....as of course are so many of the others that you and fellow members have kindly uploaded for our pleasure/education.
Many thanks indeed.

Latvian

QuoteWith regard to the several pieces that Atsushi put up a week or so ago by Toldra.  Can someone tell me what these are?  Are they arias from one opera?  Or what?

I did a little research on these pieces, since I enjoyed them and was also curious as to what exactly they were. Here is what I found:

1.  The Curse of Count Arnau
  2.  Sun rising in Camperola
  3.  The rose
  4.  The daughter of the Merchant
  5.  Empuries

1. La maledicció del comte Arnau [The Curse of Count Arnau] (lyrical impression, 1926-30)

2. Camperola [The Farm] (sardana, 1923)

Sol ixent [The Sun Rises] (sardana, 1922)

3. La rosa als llavis [The rose to the lips] (1936)

4. La filla del marxant [The Merchant's Daughter] (suite, 1934)

5. Empúries [Invocacion to Empordà] (1926)

The only one that is actually a song is Track 3. The others are all orchestral or chamber orchestral pieces. NOTE: Track 2 is actually two separate works (in the order of my listing). Hope this helps!

jerfilm

Thank you so much, Latvian.   Appreciate your taking the time to research this.

Jerry

Sydney Grew

Thanks mrjansons for your latest link! It is an Aladdin's cave for me. So far I have particularly appreciated the video of Mendelssohn-Bartholdy's Elijah, and the youngish group struggling with Schönberg's First Chamber Symphony. And I believe there are there a considerable number of other Spanish unknowns, beyond Torres, to be discovered and investigated.