Spanish Composers

Started by JimL, Saturday 15 October 2011, 15:59

Previous topic - Next topic

JimL

Said with tongue firmly in cheek, I presume!  :)

Alan Howe

Mark Thomas

I moved Jim's post from the Downloads board, so it needs to be read in conjunction with Amphissa's post there...

Amphissa

Let me know when you have something to contribute to the Downloads other than criticism.

Alan Howe

There is a world of difference between wit and puerility. As one of two who find ourselves smiling at the former and wincing at the latter because we have to read every post, let me offer this advice: think before you post; and, if possible, don't post if you've nothing of interest to contribute. 

albion

Quote from: Mark Thomas on Saturday 15 October 2011, 18:04
I moved Jim's post from the Downloads board, so it needs to be read in conjunction with Amphissa's post there...

Where has it been moved to?

???

Sorry, I've been out working this evening and missed whatever has transpired.

Dundonnell

I know. None of this makes any sense to me either :o

Amphissa

I deleted what JimL was referring to. Just forget it and let's return to posting great music.

albion

JimL

:-[  :'(

Jeez, guys.  I was merely implying that El amor brujo is probably one of the most sung de Falla scores there is!  Did you really find that so critical?

Alan Howe

The point is this: please post courteously and thoughtfully; and please reply in the same manner...

Ilja

Back to music: I posted Tomas Breton's oratorio El Apocalipsis in the Downloads board. If anyone has other work by him other than this, the 2nd symphony, En la Alhambra, or the operas, I'm very interested.

In Breton's work, a special place is taken up by his orchestral poem Salamanca (1916). It diverges from his earlier works much in the same way that Gernsheim's Zu einem Drama (1909) diverges from his: a decisive shift of musical language in the composers' final years towards a more individual style.

There is still a wealth of material to be unearthed in Iberian music. Like in Italy, much of it has been buried in operas (and zarzuelas), but a lot of it is of good quality.

lechner1110

Hi Ilja,

Thanks to upload rare Breton's oratorio.
  I also like Breton's music very much!  But ,  I have only one CD of 2nd symphony and Salamanca.
  These are very good romantic style work .   ( plus his individual musical idiom maybe Iberian music )

I also interested in his other work!

eschiss1

the only Breton I've heard so far is the piano trio and string quartet, I think, so it will be good to hear this. Thanks!

JimL

I'd sure like to get me a download of the Albeniz PC!  :)