CDs of Thomas Schmidt-Kowalski for free, a service only for members

Started by Peter1953, Friday 11 September 2009, 20:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter1953

Dear all, a few days ago I had a very pleasant contact with Christian Meyer, who is the music publisher and manager of Thomas Schmidt-Kowalski. For those who have forgotten, please see the thread on "A true modern-day Romantic composer".
Both Christian Meyer and the composer Thomas Schmidt-Kowalski responded very enthusiastic about our Forum and how we discussed his music, some of which is released on CD by Naxos (4 different CDs so far).

They make us a very generous offer. Members of our Forum can get one copy of each CD for free as long as the stock lasts. You only have to pay the package & shipment costs. In case of a "backorder", Mr Meyer asks Naxos to provide him with new copies, but in that case Naxos asks EUR 2.50 per CD, which we will have to pay of course (excluding package & shipment cost).

To make sure that members only can get the CDs for free, just use the Private Message (PM) function on the Forum (which can only be used by members) and send an e-mail to Christian Meyer, request for the CD(s) you like (only one copy per CD of course).

I suggest to take the following steps:

1.   Go to "Members", click on "chris1976", "Send personal message"
2.   Send the e-mail with your message to Christian Meyer (chris1976), and ask the total shipment & package costs to your home address
3.   The easiest way to pay the postage is via PayPal

On behalf of our members I have thanked both Christian Meyer and Thomas Schmidt-Kowalski for their very friendly and generous offer. And yes, I know, some of us (like me) already bought some, if not all 4 CDs at jpc.de. But never mind, I hope more of us can enjoy the lovely romantic music of Thomas Schmidt-Kowalski. And if you like it, more is on its way (like a piano concerto and a viola concerto), although we have to be patient for a while.

Good luck!

Mark Thomas

This is wonderful news! Not only are Herren Meyer and Schmidt-Kowalski due great thanks for their generosity, but we all owe Peter a debt of gratitude for his initiative in contacting them and setting it up.

I have been listening to the orchestral CDs in particular since I got them in the mail from jpc and can thoroughly echo Alan's initial enthusiastic recommendation of the music. So I do urge anyone who was hesitating about getting them to do so, there's only the price of postage to lose and this music is worth much more than that! Indeed, the scherzo of the Third Symphony alone is worth the price of admission.

Do take up the offer. Not only is it very generous but it will also be very rewarding!

monafam

Is this extended to those of us in the US?  What is the proposed S&H cost?

Thanks!

Peter1953

Yes, it's for all members. Please write to chris1976 for further information (see my first post).
He is very happy to help us all and sends his greetings. A wonderful service.

febnyc

I have three of the four Naxos CDs of Schmidt-Kowalski's beautiful music.

Upon reading this welcome thread, I sent a private message to Chris1976, as noted.  However, the message does not show in my "sent" folder and so I am not sure if it, in fact, was delivered.  (I wonder if this site function is working.)

If Chris is reading this I hope he might confirm that my message - requesting the Cello & Piano CD - was received.

With thanks to all involved.

monafam

I have the same "not in the Sent Items" issue.  My apologies if chris1976 got two messages from me...

Mark Thomas

It's working. You have to tick the box "Save a copy in my Outbox" to keep a copy of that you send in your Sent folder. Not obvious, but there it is. Christian should have received the messages.

febnyc

Yes, Mark - I noticed that option after I sent the messages.  I ticked the box and now the outgoing messages appear in the "sent" section.  And, I did, indeed, hear from Herr Meyer.  Thank you.

monafam

Same with me!  I thought it was probably something simple.   ;D

Peter1953

On special request, Mr Schmidt-Kowalski is most happy to sign the CD or booklet. Please ask Christan Meyer.

febnyc

Well, I have had kind messages from Mr. Meyer.  However, my attempt to remit the amount, via PayPal, for postage to the US was unsuccessful.  Apparently the email address for Mr. Meyer is not recognized by PayPal.  I've sent him a message to this effect and hope we can clear up the problem with PayPal.   :-\

How nice to have a signed CD from this marvelous composer!!!

monafam

I was able to get my payment through to him yesterday through Paypal and he confirmed he received it...

febnyc

OK - had to telephone PayPal.  They were having "system problems," but got me around the issue and I was able to remit the funds to Christian Meyer. 

monafam

Whew!  I was hoping it would be something like that, because I had the same e-mail address you did -- racking my brains on how to help, but you got what you needed!   :)

febnyc

Quote from: monafam on Thursday 17 September 2009, 00:03
Whew!  I was hoping it would be something like that, because I had the same e-mail address you did -- racking my brains on how to help, but you got what you needed!   :)

Many thanks, monafam.  Happily, PayPal, unlike most website managers, offers the ability to telephone with problems.  The rep admitted that it was an issue they were "working to correct."  Anyway, I am relieved that I was able to remit the cash, 'cause I really am looking forward to hearing the fourth of the Schmidt-Kowalski Naxos CDs.  His music is lovely - full of expression, powerful and lyrical.