Searching Swedish Radio

Started by eschiss1, Monday 31 October 2011, 19:21

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

There is a site related to (maybe, hopefully, better than) the Cadensa site (for BBC Sound Archives), except for Swedish Radio; I used it to search for the broadcast date for Melchers violin concerto with no luck (because Melchers did not compose a violin concerto. There are, I should say, worse reasons, I declare declaratively.)  (Not that I see many "unknown broadcast date, unknown..." in the Swedish section ... though it may help with the Requests subforum :) )

Actually, I remember now how to do it, I think- easiest thing in the world- go to
Klassik formiddag or some other P2 program
and go to the search box at the top right
and enter search terms.  (E.g., Adolf Wiklund, say... the Sturfält-at-piano recording of piano concerto 2 comes up as no. 8 , March 24 2011 early morning broadcast from a 2009 concert.)
It then really helps to have a browser like Google Chrome (I use more than one browser at different times, but when I really, really need a rough translation, I use a browser that gives a rough translation... :) )
That's not the screen I remember when I last searched this site, but it should get one started- there may be an advanced search page also.
(Now one needs good ones -  Google and other general search engines help too ; one just needs to know where to "point" :) so as to focus, with site specific searches e.g. ...) - for other broadcasts, stations, performing ensembles, magazines, etc. not in the UK or Sweden ...- in other words, one needs, as ever, a bundle of resources- a good thing to have, I like to think.

eschiss1

Oh, This link, I think, is the one I saw- the Swedish Media Database :)